Sometimes life can get tough, to a point of putting our Warrior’s faith on a test. There is no better learning institution than Life’s University.
That one, outranges any Ivy League College’s list.
Unless filling ourselves first, there is nothing to give to anybody. Therefore it is necessary tending this area first. Is not the matter of being selfish, is actually becoming centered, responsible and focused.
Cultivating the habit of being grateful is a good start. When we open our eyes in the morning, we find ourselves with our first give:
1. Life, this is the most precious gift anyone could have. Be grateful to the creator and parents for that.
There is no perfect way of parenting, everyone tries to do the best and to those cases left under someone else’s custody, be grateful to that person who raised you for pulling off such a difficult task.
At least there was a chance to grow up and live.
2. Connect with your breath, because while we breathe, we can live. Be grateful to your breath for being there, for being your body guard all the time.
Commit yourself to protect it.
3. Self scan your body and ask to yourself:
a. Am I able to see?
b. Am I able to hear?
c. Am I able to move?
4. Pray, whichever way you want to pray, connect with your inner and divine light from above. That light within each of us, that sometimes we forget exist.
5. We are never alone and even during our darkest moments, that inner light is there. Don’t give free license to anyone to dim your light. This is our call, no one else’s fault.
6. The reason why we are not alone is because we are with ourselves and that is a sacred relationship we need to cultivate. When we find ourselves and embrace things (we might have been running away from) we open a door for the light to access and start recovery of our deepest wounds.
7. Those wounds that we unconscious recall but repress at the same time are our attendance evidence to this university called Life. Therefore, in the event that the past cannot be erased might work better to greet it, embrace it, thanks to it for reminding you that there is nobody free of mistakes and start liberating yourself from it by letting go.
8. Not making peace with our imperfections and dedicate our lives to self expectations, interferes directly to keep balance between our light and shadows and when that happens we become vulnerable to shell retreat longer and detach from living at the present moment with mindfulness and consideration.
9. We all have a purpose in life, which is our presence to it. If we run away or rather sunk into the ocean of darkness and sorrow, we make ourselves target of destruction, rejection and detachment from even our loved ones.
10. Even if we get diagnosed with anything no one deserves, just try to acknowledge as part of the same evolution process. Let’s embrace it by taking care ourselves. If we deny, we keep ourselves disconnected inside the same bubble.
Fear attracts Fear…
Courage attracts Courage…
We become from the light which is evolution, transformation and for that to happen there is necessary to embrace the opposite of light which is no other thing, than night time. There should not be extended night time, we decide to extend it or keep it even to the day time.
Stand up, get out of any depressive craddle and decide to learn how to walk and if we fall, let’s be grateful for being able to feel that fall.
That fall that reminded us that we are alive and that life is our most precious and wonderful gift, every morning when we wake up and have another chance to let our ☀️Sunrise.
Last but not least:
“Love yourself before trying to love others, because love is all you need”
“Get on the wagon and start the fulfilling journey of moving on”
“Dedicated to October (breast cancer’s month of awareness), to Parkinson, Fibromyalgia, Mental or any other difficult condition to embrace and graduate from this tough University of Life.”
Glenda Lee Santos; Humble Military and Yoga Warrior; RYT-200 hrs; Criminal Justice, BA; Holistic Practitioner with Foundation in Yoga and Ayurveda.
Courtesy of Semperlee Yoga Corp.
Semperlee Yoga © 2016 All Rights Reserved.